background

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

what is next?

Well, I am not very good at keeping up with this blog.  I love reading my friends blogs and admire how well written and beautiful they always look.  I tend to think that is something I could ever do.  I mean, my life isn't really that interesting...what in the world do I have to tell the world? {or whomever reads this}  So today I thought I would just write about what is on my heart.  And my heart is wondering: What is next? 

What is next?  Honestly, I do not know.  God knows, I am sure of that, but He has not felt the need to clue me in yet.  And so here I am, waiting.  I am not even sure what I am waiting for.  Have you ever felt that way?  Just waiting?  Or am I alone in this feeling?  I find myself thinking I am alone, but then I am reminded that He is always there and He has a beautiful plan for my life.  This is something I know but I am struggling to believe it. 

At this very moment, I feel thankful for this waiting period, for the Bible says, "Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 [NKJV]  

Wow!!!  That is what I want!  Renewed strength in and of its self sounds so refreshing and then you add eagles, running, and walking without becoming tired...that is the kind of strength I need.  So I will be thankful for this time of waiting.  God is faithful...always.  And He will renew my strength.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog, this makes me happy! And, migt I add, this post is beautifuly written. Love the reminder that waiting is okay, even when we feel SO ready for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcey, I totally know what you are talking about. It can be a challenge to feel at peace in a season of waiting. (((Hugs))) Lean into your Heavenly Father; I know He will hold you close and give you peace.

    I look forward to reading more from you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete