background

Friday, April 22, 2011

thoughts

Just a few thoughts today as I sit here.

*My 15 week little one is about the size of an apple.  I love apples!  Last week we got a chance to see our little baby and it was wonderful!  Noah and Taylor went with us too!  The sono tech said she didn't see any boy parts but because it was so early she cautioned against running out to buy pink stuff yet.  Can I tell you that I cried?!  Happy tears of course. 

*Our family vacation at The Great Wolf Lodge has been wonderful.  The boys (all 3) loved the water park and I am so thankful for how relaxing our time here has been.  I am also thankful for each second I got to spend with Alan.  Family vacations will happen every year for sure now!

*Watching Noah's face as we pulled into the parking lot at the lodge was priceless!!  I wish I had thought to record it.  We only told him in March that at some point we would be coming here but didn't tell him when.  We picked up Daddy from work on Wednesday and drove straight here.  As we drove near, Noah said, "Some day we will go there on vacation!"  And boy was he shocked when some day became that day!

*I love spring!  The warm weather and green every where warms my heart!

*Today is Good Friday and I found myself thinking about Jesus' sacrifice as I woke up.  Wow!  That is all I can say about that.  It's hard to put into words what today, and this weekend, mean to me.

*I have the best in-laws in the WORLD!  I loved spending time with them last weekend.  And I miss my sis-in-law.

*This last week has been such a blessing.  Yes, the whole week and a few days.  I had felt so blah and lonely.  Our schedule had been so packed with doing this and doing that; it seemed there was no time for sitting and relaxing as a family, all together.  Thank you Lord for the chance to slow down and spend time together.  What wonderful memories!

*And last, it is 9:30am and my baby is still asleep!!  It is our last day at Great Wolf and I think Taylor is plum worn out!  He looks so cute sleeping in the bottom bunk.  I promise to post pictures soon! (:  Daddy and Noah are spending the last hour or so at the water park.  {This quiet time is great!}

Happy Easter, everyone!

1 comment: