background

Monday, April 25, 2011

vent

Here we go again.  Another time that we have to 'reevaluate' my husband's availability for his 40 hour a week job.  This time it isn't due to corporate cut backs, new policy, or a new manager.  It is because one individual is complaining about the lack of evenings that Alan works.  And not complaining to Alan, but to the store manager, the district manager, and HR.  I'd really like to have a talk with this guy and inform him of what Alan's schedule really looks like...a meeting on Mondays after his j.o.b., class all evening on Tuesdays, church on Wednesday, j.o.b. Thursday evenings, and usually work on Saturdays.  Oh yes, and of course Sundays {you know, the only day a pastor actually works, ha!}.  Insert family time in there, plus working on papers due nearly every week in class, preparations for sermons/worship, and you have one busy man.  I'd really love to know this person's opinion about when he believes my husband should work more evenings. 

I am so thankful for how hard Alan works to provide for us and allow me to be home with our boys.  This man I love makes sure to take time for his family and genuinely show us his love.  I don't want him to feel this pressure that is coming from a job he really doesn't enjoy.  It is hard as his wife to sit by and not be able to defend him.  Not that he needs me to defend him, it's more like you desperately want to fight for someone you love.  But I know the most powerful thing I can do for him is pray.

In all this, I am not worried about our future or if Alan will have to quite because he simply cannot give more time in the evenings.  I know God is SO much bigger than this and He has a plan.  I rest in that completely.  God has been faithful time and time again to show us that He is in control and He will provide for us.  If you have been close to us these past 3 years or so, you know this is not the first time Alan's job has been on rocky ground.  I am thankful for that history to remind me that no matter what God is there and I CAN and will trust Him.

*Sigh*  Glad to get that of my chest.  As I write this I am reminded again that it doesn't matter if Mr. Complainer knows anything about our situation because someone must bigger and greater does and He is the one I want to rely on for my needs. 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:

  1. Ahh... friend, I am sorry.

    My favorite part about this, talking about how much bigger God is than all of this, and your phrase: I rest in that completely.

    You are inspirational! It'll all work out... THIS I am sure of! <3

    ReplyDelete