background

Friday, March 16, 2012

little bits.

It feels like summer outside with highs in the 80s!  Is that suppose to happen in March?  What happened to spring?  Oh yea, we had that in January and February.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared for summer.

My house is clean. (:  And that is a great feeling!  Also, I have managed to stay on top of the laundry for a whole 2 weeks!!  Can you tell I am a bit proud of myself? 

We are seriously going to cancel our cell phones and I am so very excited about it!  It will be so weird at first but such a blessing too!  Not only will we be more 'unplugged' but we will have more money a month to pay down debt!

Speaking of debt {such an ugly thing}, we paid off the ugliest credit card we had!!!!  That, my friends, is a GREAT feeling indeed!

I successfully made my own laundry soap and I LOVE it! {probably the reason I have stayed on top of the laundry...it is exciting to use new stuff!} And I found a very inexpensive way to get rid of stains. (:  Promise to share more about that in another post.

I am so proud of my hubby!!  He has been running for 2 weeks and not missed a day of his planned runs!  He amazes me!  Can you believe he gets up at 5:30am to run, comes home, gets ready for work, feeds the boys {and me sometimes}, gets his lunch made, and then heads off to work so he can provide for us.  Like I said, he is amazing!  You can read about his return to running here on his blog: Couch to 5K and beyond.

Here is my favorite girl and some of her new jabbers....


We finished the Beth Moore study of James last week and I am a bit sad about it.  James has been my favorite book of the Bible for some time now; it was so fun to dig deeper and be challenged even more by those scriptures.  Speaking of Beth Moore, in April myself and 7 other girlfriend are heading to Kansas City to one of her conferences!  I am so thrilled that I get to go and even more thrilled that my baby sister is going with me!!!  Oh how I have longed for a deeper relationship with her and these past few months have made my heart so full of joy as I get to know her better.  God is so good, isn't He?

We are enjoying our patio furniture we bought on clearance last year and I just have to say my favorite part is the umbrella.  I'm sure you would like it too if you got it 1/2 off and it was all your favorite colors together. (:  

Miss Girl is sleeping in her own room...for a little while anyway.  She started napping in there last Saturday, so that evening I decided to try to put her to sleep for the night in her room.  She did fine {at first}.  I however cried and cried as I rocked her before bed.  I didn't cry with either of the boys so that was weird for me.  But about 2 hours later, she began screaming and crying like I had never heard before...so of course I rushed in there and picked her up.  We both cried.  I probably cried more because she calmed down and went right to sleep.  Alan saw me and said, "Hun, you can bring her back in our room if you want."  He was probably confused by my crying.  Anyway, long story longer, she slept the next two nights in our room and per the advice of a good friend, she now starts out in her room but when she wakes around 2am or so, she comes back into ours.  This makes my momma heart happy for the moment. (:

Lastly, I think I am much better and a bunch of short bits of writing rather than a long post and that means you will probably see me do this more often.  

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I love you too ;)

    I think one of the best things I heard when I had Cohen was to do what is right for YOU and your family with no expectations otherwise. Sweet baby girl will be just fine in whatever sleeping arrangements make you both happy.

    I am still hoping to go to Beth Moore, haven't heard from Jeni yet what she's decided to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice (: She is still in our room...especially since we found out she has RSV and double ear infections!

      Let me know about Beth Moore! You could always camp out in our hotel room, yes?

      Delete
  2. When I put Noah in his own room, I looked forward to him waking up in the night so I could go get him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is exactly how I feel (: I love snuggling with my baby!

      Delete