background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

i come guilty.

So full right now.  So very full!  Uh, no I'm not talking about food; I'm talking Holy Spirit kind of full...the best kind!  This past Friday and Saturday I was privileged enough to hear God speak through Beth Moore and Travis Cottrell.  A.maz.ing!  I hope to write more another day about what changed in my heart during those two days but for right now I want to share these words with you.  It is from a song that Travis lead on Saturday, an old hymn with a bit added to it:

Just As I Am by Travis Cottrell


Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

refrain:
I come broken to be mended
I come wounded to be healed
I come desperate to be rescued
I come empty to be filled
I come guilty to be pardoned
by the blood of Christ the Lamb
And I’m welcomed with open arms,
praise God just as I am.

Just as I am, I would be lost,
But mercy and grace my freedom bought,
And now to glory in your cross,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.



If you are brave enough, let the words of the refrain soak in: I come broken, I come desperate, I come guilty and praise God I am welcomed just as I am.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I don't know how to sing that without weeping with both humility and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the refrain...I am loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing this. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete