background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

being intentional with my babies.

This will be a short little post, but it has been on my mind a lot lately.

How much of our day is actually spent living with intention?  Do you look at every moment and realize that you will never again have that exact moment with those exact people or circumstances?  This last month or so I have tried to really slow down and soak up every bit of my kids.  Writing and sharing my story is what caused me to see how different my life could be and made me appreciate this season of life even more.  Time has already gone by fast and I do not want to wake up one day and realize I missed out on this time.  I want to be intentional with my time...especially when it comes to my babies.

There was loud music playing somewhere in the park so Noah and I started dancing.
 Noah is nearly six and so very smart.  I'm not just saying that because he's my baby {well, that is probably part of the reason}, but really he is!  I want to know that I took the time to teach him and watch his little mind work.  Taylor will be 3 in less than 20 days...I don't have a clue how that happened.  In just the last week alone his sentences have grown and he is constantly using new and bigger words.  I want to hug and kiss on him while he still lets me.  Lilly is 7 months old on Friday.  I love, love, love that girl!  She is so stinkin' beautiful and I tell her that ALL the time.  She's sitting up so well and rocking, rocking...I know she will be crawling soon.  I want to sit and stare at her and just take in every second.

I LOVE this age!  He is all boy and no fear.
I do my best to be intentional with my time during the day with them.  Of course there are days that I let my frustrations and emotions get the best of me and I know may miss some precious moments because I lost my patience.  But, I always want to remind myself to stop.look.listen.when it comes to my family and kiddos.  These years are going to fly by {they already seem like they have} so I want to remember them when they are small.

Soak up even the crazy, fussy times

the Lord's
marcey ♥

2 comments:

  1. You won't regret doing it Marcey. No mom is intentional at every moment. But when we keep a great purpose as our goal, we make it a priority. We achieve more than we miss. Just know when they are grown you will stop look back and say "I wish I had spent more time in that moment." I don't think we moms every reach the full status. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Marcey! I try to do my best to parent intentionally. The reminder is great!

    ReplyDelete